Ensures the facility is well maintained, cleaned and other related facility functions. Provides timely response for setup and take down of equipment such as chairs, tables, projectors, miscellaneous furniture, etc., to meet changing customer needs for a variety of special events. Monitors facility use and ensures conformance with policies and procedures.
The opening is for a specific shift:
Typically Monday – Friday from 6:00am to 2:30pm or 6:30am to 3:00pm.
• Maintain assigned areas in a high state of cleanliness by frequent cleaning using proper techniques and ensure all areas are fully stocked.
• Snow and ice removal from sidewalks and patio areas.
• Assist customers with ‘campus-wide’ transportation and set up of their furniture and equipment.
• Assist in an emergency evacuation (test or real).
• Properly review event documents and diagrams from the customer to establish event needs, including type, amount, and arrangement of equipment.
• Ensures all CWI, Federal, State, County and City fire, safety and ADA codes and policies are followed.
• Monitors and controls facility HVAC and lighting.
• Track repairs and maintenance of equipment.
• Recommend safety and security changes.
• May be called into work on special events, which could be out of normal work hours.
• Conveys by word and action the values expected by CWI.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Experience with floor buffers, vacuums, lawnmowers, and weed eating equipment.
• Previous facility set up, grounds keeping, and/or custodial experience at a college or university campus preferred.
• Knowledge of math including: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of whole numbers.
• Excellent customer service skills are essential in explaining policies, and procedures, and resolving customer concerns.
• Good organization skills and task prioritization
• Understanding of custodial work safety rules
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Must be able to travel to multiple locations.
• Must possess and maintain a valid Idaho Driver’s license and clear driving record as defined by CWI policy.
To apply go to https://careers.cwi.edu/cw/en-us/job/493762/building-specialist