Job Family: Sales
Requisition Number: R025764
Employment Category: Full Time – Regular
Join a team that puts its People First! First American’s Direct division provides comprehensive title insurance protection and professional settlement services for real estate purchases, refinances and equity loans. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
Come join our growing Canyon County, Idaho team as a Business Development Executive! In support of the Sales strategy for assigned territory, develops and retains a quality residential client base of Real Estate Agents and Brokers, Lenders, Builders, Agents, Attorneys and others through the acquisition of new business and maintenance of existing customers to attain maximum sales volume and develop maximum potential volume from all markets for the division's products and/or services.
- Builds client relationships, secures new orders from new customers, and maintains and expands business with existing client base
- Communicates proactively with and responds in a timely manner to clients
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, and other sources.
- Develops and executes a call plan for qualified real estate agents, brokers and their staff, lenders and attorneys
- Assesses individual client needs and develops, presents and implements a plan to meet those needs
- Is highly visible in his/her marketing area by attending real estate industry functions and participating in community and real estate events
- Effectively creates or adapts and delivers group and individual presentations to customer groups, target customers, agents and others
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Ability to listen to customers and understand their needs and objectives to better respond and provide solutions
- Applies diplomacy and tact
- Demonstrates persistence, tenacity and consistency in pursuing revenues opportunities
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Flexible with the ability to adapt strategy to changing conditions
- Understanding of market and competition with the ability to identify external threats and opportunities
- Ability to persuade and influence others
- Strong negotiation skills
- Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public.
Typical Range of Experience
- 2- 5 years of successful residential Title/Real estate industry experience
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales goals
License or Certification
First American invests in its employees’ development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.