The College of Western Idaho (CWI) is committed to empowering students to succeed by providing affordable and accessible education to advance the local and global workforce.
Offering premier programs and degrees that make a difference, CWI remains a top choice for higher education in the Treasure Valley. Empowering the community one student at a time, CWI moves fearlessly forward paving the way to bold new futures with flexible options, exceptional tuition value, and support every step of the way.
Visit cwi.edu/about-cwi to learn more.
Reporting to the Provost, the Dean of Social Sciences & Public Affairs is responsible for faculty affairs and related administrative units. As a member of the Provost's leadership team, the Dean works with other Deans and department chairs, and faculty to address a range of personnel and academic issues, ensuring sound and equitable application of policies and principles. The Dean provides leadership and works in collaboration to support and enhance CWI’s commitment to academic success.
This position will oversee academic personnel administration, faculty recruitment, and onboarding services and programming, and works closely with the Provost on policies related to faculty affairs. The Dean also oversees academic programs' accreditation and licensure.
• Provides ongoing, current, and relevant communications to faculty, staff, and students
• Ensures a positive environment for teaching and learning
• Advocates for faculty, staff, students, and other stakeholders in the mission of the College of Western Idaho
• Regularly evaluates faculty, directors, and classified staff reporting directly to this position
• Participates in recruitment, selection, and mentoring of faculty
• Provide leadership in curriculum and program development. Participates in CWI Curriculum Committee
• Coordinates and administers scheduling of classes and teaching assignments for faculty
• Plans, organizes, and monitors expenditures of program budgets
• Promotes a team effort while supervising the faculty and staff on a daily basis
• Provide leadership in program and department accreditation and reports.
• Monitors enrollment patterns, cost/benefit information, employment, and other critical data to identify class schedule opportunities, issues, program development, and needed changes
• Advocates and represent the department on committees, councils, and taskforce at the College, local, state, and national level
• Provide input in setting the college’s educational master plan, mission, and purpose. Works closely with other managers on the Dean's Council.
• Provides leadership and guidance for the professional development of faculty and staff
• Develops, maintains, and promotes articulation agreements with four-year colleges and universities
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution
• Experience as a full-time faculty member with a minimum of seven years teaching experience
• Three years of equivalent leadership or administrative supervisory experience at the department or division level, or comparable leadership experience
• Demonstrated leadership behaviors that result in making good decisions aligned with the College’s priorities. Encourage team members to perform their duties to achieve priorities. Must possess qualities to inspire the team by; creating transparency in the decision-making process when possible achieving accountability for decisions; inspiring team members to meet and exceed goals and objectives; identify the strengths and development areas of
each team member and inspire them to do their best work in an effective manner.
• Community college experience is preferred. Training or demonstrated experience is preferred in the following areas: human resource management, organizational development, teaching, and learning, change management, revenue generation,
budgeting, and working with college transfer programs
To apply go to https://careers.cwi.edu/cw/en-us/job/494142/dean-social-sciences-public-affairs