Probe/Test Equipment Technician
Probe/Test Equipment Technician
onsemi is looking to hire a Probe/Test Equipment Technician to support operations at our Nampa, ID site.
Probe Equipment Technicians are responsible for maintenance of all Probe equipment, which includes but is not limited to preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, response to equipment alarms (pause bins and O+ rules), failure root cause analysis, and equipment verifications and calibrations. Probe Equipment Technicians work on all Probe equipment at the Nampa facility, including Teradyne IP750 testers, Accretech Probers, ESI lasers, and Screen/DNS scrubbers.
- Preventative maintenance
- Work with the tool owners to create/improve work instructions, procedures, and best-known methods for performing equipment maintenance
- Properly and thoroughly document all equipment maintenance work performed using the Maintenance Manager (MaiMa) application
- Debug/Failure Analysis of production test fails
- Troubleshooting to board level on Testers and Probers
- Yield issue troubleshooting
- Respond and react to equipment alarms, pause bins, and O+ rule alerts
- Performing necessary verifications/calibrations on IP750 Testers
- Performing voltage measurements
- Hard drive replacement
- Working on various PC problems
- Reading electronic block diagrams
- Maintenance of Probe area equipment
- Communicating with Engineering and various groups throughout the plant
- Minimum of an Associate degree in electronics or equivalent experience
- Strong computer skills (Windows OS and Excel)
- Able to work in the cleanroom environment
- Capable of lifting 40 pounds
- Ability to work a 12 hr. shift
- Ability to work on a 4 month rotation (day-night)
- A high level of attention to detail
- The ability to be self-motivated and to handle multiple tasks
- Be able to evaluate a schedule and prioritize work based on that schedule and/or change priorities
- Strong understanding of component level electronics
- Ability to follow a detailed procedure
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Work in a team environment
- Ability to work with limited supervision
Holidays: For most employees, we have ten (10) paid, designated holidays per year. Compressed workweek employees receive 3.08 hours of flex holiday time each pay period, up to a maximum accrual of 80 hours rather than designated holidays.
Vacation: Newly hired non-exempt (those paid by the hour) employees accrue 4.62 hours of vacation per pay period for the equivalent of three weeks of vacation on an annualized basis. After five years of service, vacation increases to 6.15 per pay period which is the equivalent of four weeks on an annualized basis. Vacation accruals are pro-rated for those employees who work less than 40 hours per week.
Sick Time: Employees accrue sick time on a per pay period basis up to a maximum of 56 hours in a 12 month period.
Leaves: onsemi complies with the Family Medical Leave Act, as well as providing extended medical leaves for eligible employees. Paid leaves are provided for parental leave (eight weeks), jury duty, bereavement, and military service.
Retirement: onsemi offers you a 401(k) plan which allows both pre-tax and Roth contributions. We currently match the first 4% of your contribution at 100% and you are immediately vested in match money. You may enroll in the plan upon hire and are automatically enrolled at 4% after 30-days of employment, unless you make a different election prior to that time. Targeted Retirement Funds, personal online advice, a managed account program, and comprehensive investment fund choices are available, along with a self-directed brokerage option
Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP): We have an Employee Stock Purchase Plan where you can set aside 1% to 10% of your pay to purchase onsemi stock on a quarterly basis at a 15% discount. Stock is purchased at 15% less the fair market value the lower of the first day or the last day of the offering period. You are eligible to participate at the start of the first calendar quarter after 90 days of employment.
onsemi (Nasdaq: ON) is driving disruptive innovations to help build a better future. With a continued focus on the automotive and industrial end-markets, onsemi is accelerating change and driving disruptive innovation towards a sustainable ecosystem in high-growth megatrends such as vehicle electrification, advanced safety, alternative energy and factory automation. With a highly differentiated and innovative product portfolio, onsemi creates intelligent power and sensing technologies that solve the world’s most complex challenges and leads the way in creating a safer, cleaner, and smarter world. Today, the industrial and automotive end-markets are responsible for two-thirds of global greenhouse gas emissions, providing an immense opportunity for onsemi to do its part in achieving a net-zero economy with its intelligent power and sensing technologies. Climate change presents not only a risk to the environment, but also opportunities for innovative business solutions, and onsemi is committed to applying its research and design expertise and adapting its own operations to achieve net-zero emissions by 2040.